- A Short History of Kangaroo Valley
Suggested reading prior to your visit
The Kangaroo Valley Historical Society plays an active role in the curating the objects in the Pioneer Museum, including objects, documents and photographs donated by families from the Valley plus recording the history of Kangaroo Valley including family history and local events.
Members of the Historical Society meet on the second Tuesday of every month at the Pioneer Museum Park. The Historical Society takes is actively interested in the history of the Shoalhaven area with an emphasis on Kangaroo Valley. History recorded includes family history of past and present Kangaroo Valley residents. Inquiries are to assist in recording the history of the Kangaroo Valley (written, oral or visual) or to help with the Museum displays are always welcome.
Photos to view
- Kangaroo Valley Timeline
A timeline of historical events
- Growing Up in Kangaroo Valley by Fay Martin
An Oral History transcription
- Valley Memories by Denis McCarthy
Valley Memories - An insight into life back then - Denis McCarthy
- Thomas Brooks by Ron Brooks
A Soldier’s History in World War I
- The Anne Maria Brooks Story by Ron Brooks
A Kangaroo Valley (Barrengarry) Pioneer
- Kangaroo Valley Rocks - John Rowntree, Glen Barn and Rachel Nanson
Geology of Kangaroo Valley
- One Hundred Years of Achievement
Kangaroo Valley A. & H. Association Centenary Booklet 1985
- Cambage - Exploration between The Wingecarribee Shoalhaven and Murrumbidgee Rivers R. H. Cambage F. L. S.
Includes Charles Throsby - Explorations to Kangaroo Valley 1818
Videos to watch
Membership and Inventory Access
For further details about Historical Society membership or to access our inventory section, please contact Peter.